Updated: Oct 30, 2022
Here's a simple meditation that'll allow more mindfulness & peace into your life. Its primary focus is noticing the breath.
1) Find a comfortable seat or lie down.
2) Close the eyes or find a focal point.
3) Start by noticing where your body is touching the chair, floor, bed...
4) Bring your awareness next to your breath wherever you notice it - nostrils, chest or belly.
If it's nostrils, focus on the varying temperature of the air as you take it in & when you exhale.
If it's chest, imagine the expansion of your lungs and rib cage.
If it's belly, again notice the expansion.
5) If it helps, place a hand on heart and another on belly.
6) When thoughts or emotions arise, simply take note & allow them to diminish. Come back to the breath.
7) Start slowly with just a minute at a time. Then, add onto it as you're able to.
Breath can do wonders during pregnancy, contractions and the pushing stage of labor. Breath & mindfulness alone got me through my entire birthing experience as it has with many others & can do the same for you.
For more tips, check out my other blog posts or follow along on Instagram or TikTok @naturallynasreen